DIARY OF A MAD SCRAPPER!

Just some of my crazy thoughts on the wonderful world of scrappin!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday October 21, 2007

Dear Diary, Just a quick post. Went to my Grandma & Grandpa's today to visit & we had a great visit & I returned my Grandma's sewing machine to her today :( I sure will miss it. I was so used to using it on all of my projects but it was time to give it back. As most of you know I got a smaller machine just for use on my scrapbooking projects. I got it @ Hancock Fabrics & it is AWESOME! It is a Janome brand & weighs just 11 lbs. & has straight & zig zag & a few other stitch options. (about 3/4 the size of a normal sewing machine)If you are considering purchasing a machine just for scrapbooking that is small enough to carry to crops I think this is the 1 for you. It is model #3125. I finally opened it up last night & used it to finish my Finally Fall Layout (the class I tought yesterday @ the retreat. ) It sews like a dream & the motor sounds so good & smooth. (just thought I would post this since alot of you asked me to let you know how it worked) A+++ . I am still working on my projects for the: "Small Town Girls" retreat on Nov.10 & will be posting pics of them on my blog as I get them completed. I plan to teach 1 class & make 2 MAYBE 3 kits of other projects. I will keep you posted! I had a BLAST yesterday @ the Retreat & Thank You to all of the Ladies that took my classes & purchased my kits! Well better go I HAVE to do some cleaning today & I HAVE to get those projects done for the upcoming retreat. I will be dropping off the samples @ the store Monday or Tuesday. The weekend is almost over & the weather is BEAUTIFUL outside today so enjoy it & have a Great day!

3 comments:

Penne said...

I had a great time Saturday! But then again we always have a good time when all of us are hanging out! So how much was that sewing machine? Is is smaller than mine? I think mine definitely weighs more than 11 lbs. :)

Cynde said...

Hey! i think i have a machine similar to what you got, but mine broke and i sent it back in and it broke again. do you know if hancock's work on them, or maybe it is just me and someone can show how to work it!!!! i think i will call hancocks right now!

*Scrapper-Gone-Wild* said...

Hey girlz! I had a blast Saturday too! So did Ashtyn, just wish I could ahve been more on the ball that morning & got there earlier. My new little "Dream machine" was $89.00 but I saw an ad & it said that they were on sale & the day I bought it was the last day of the sale I think it is regularly $129.00 so its basically the same price as a "full grown" machine only it is way more portable & it does have several stitch options. I will bring it to the next crop 4 sure! I had a really small machine that only did a straight stitch I think it was around $10-20 but I never took it out of the box. (I heard they did not work very well) They actually have a cheaper 1 than the 1 I bought & it was $50.00 & it was a straight stitch & zig zag but it did not have a light & it was a drop in bobbin so I decided on the 1 I have. Cynde , Hancocks should have a repair man come in on certain days I believe. The machine I bought had a 1 or 2 yr.store warranty & a 25 year manufactures warranty. (sure wish we had spell chck on the "leave a comment" part I feel like such a dufus!)