DIARY OF A MAD SCRAPPER!

Just some of my crazy thoughts on the wonderful world of scrappin!

Monday, November 26, 2007

It's MONDAY!

Dear Diary...Well it's Monday, cold... wet...rainy Monday. Ashtyn is home from school today sick. Had 2 cancel her ortho appt. this morning because I did not figure everyone would want her sharing her cooties :) I agree with Cynde about wanting to get the Christmas tree put up. But I have to move my loveseat to storage to put it up this year since I have added a big cabinet to our living room this year where our tree usually goes. I really did not feel like lugging out that huge , ratty, old,torn, christmas tree box & putting those branches on 1 by 1 in the correct order according to the correct color slots on my tree stand. SO, I went to a thrift store over the weekend saw & bought a different tree about 7 ft & the cool thing about it was it was a folding tree?! I had never seen 1 of these before. Put the bottom base in the stand & the bottom limbs fold down, add in the 2nd & the limbs fold down & add the top. Total setup time approx. 1 minute! But even better it was only $5.00! I think I like it better just because it is so easy to put up. Guess sometimes it pays off to just be LAZY :) Ashtyn always puts up her own tree in her room every year & already has it up. KK has a pink tree but we have not put it up yet either. Cynde, don't feel bad about your hubby taking off so much in deer season, Tom saves his vacation & uses it during deer season. Not like he uses it to take us on a family vacation or anything :( but I consider deer season to be mine & the girls vacation away from him! Not so much mess to pick up around the house, no dirty clothes to pick up in the bathroom floor or by the bed, (the list goes on & on & on :) & we can eat whatever we want! (frozen pizza, hamburger helper, ravioli, cereal, sandwiches...just what ever floats our boat that night!) Pure girl power! Glad you did not get your own challenge done yet Cynde because I have not done mine yet either :) Well better get going! Happy Monday everyone!

3 comments:

Cynde said...

poor ashtyn. Markie is home today. i do not know what to do with her. her throat is so swollen and another knot has appeared on her neck. the doc office's love me! lol i hope you can make it to the crop on friday night. i plan on completeing my christmas i am making!! yeah right. lol

Penne said...

How is your family today? Hope Ash is feeling better so that you and her can come to visit "us" on friday. :)

*Scrapper-Gone-Wild* said...

Hey Girls! Ashtyn finally went back to school today. She is much better :) now I am not feeling so hot so I hope that I am not getting her cooties! I knew there was something going on this weekend that I could not make it to the crop. It's my moms B-Day & we are having her a party. So I will be missing this 1 but I do plan to make it to the 1 on the 7th (I think that is the date) anyway unless something comes up I will be @ that 1. Hey whats up with the charm bracelet swap? Are we still doing that? Talk 2 ya soon! Take care! Angelia