DIARY OF A MAD SCRAPPER!

Just some of my crazy thoughts on the wonderful world of scrappin!

Sunday, November 25, 2007

*Black Friday*

Dear Diary.....Today was pretty good, didn't get very much done at all but watch Lifetime channel :) But now I am good & ready to go get some stuff done! Really...as soon as I make this post. A few of you were asking why my L/O was not on the Rusty Pickle Blog & I was wondering myself so I emailed them. Seems that my entry email went to their junk mail folder , so they emailed me back with a very nice apology. They have set up their filters for my email address so this will not happen again. My entry did not even make it into the challenge for Nov. That's why it is not on the blog. Oh, well at least I got a L/O done (that's all I have got done lately) The new challenge will be posted on Dec. 1st so I encourage everyone to check that out & enter! Now....onto the subject of Black Friday shopping! I had a blast. I decided this year to make Best Buy my 1st stop. The newspaper ad said that they would start handing out tickets for doorbuster items @ 3:00 am so I arrived @ 3:15 thinking I would get a ticket & go to my car & wait out the rest of the time until they opened @ 5:00am. Boy was I shocked when I pulled up! When I went to get in line I was at least 1/2 mile back from the front door. No joke....the line formed @ the front door ,wrapped around the side of the building & around the back of Logan's parking lot. When they started handing out tickets the people who got a ticket for what they wanted was able to leave & pick up their items by 9:00am. So that put me WAY up in line. Seems that everyone was after laptops & HDTV's.The items I went after were not door busters but items that were just on special & 1st come 1st serve basis. I was able to get everything I had went in after (only 2 things) They even served warm donuts to the customers. Not knowing I would be waiting in line OUTSIDE for 2 hours I had just worn a sweatshirt :( so when I finally made it into the store I was just happy to have a heated building :) I was so used to making Wal-Mart my 1st stop & I can go in there at any time & wait for the sale to start.(in the warm!) Silly Me! I got a mini portable printer for my digital camera & it had a free carrying case! (& as Tom stated to me,"Lord knows that you really need another case to hold something in." I think he was referring to my scrapbook totes that are now in the living room) It was reg. $24.99 & it was FREE so heck yeah, I really did need it! I also got something else that I cannot disclose @ this time because it is for Ashtyn & she may get on the blog just to nose around :) you know how kids are. Then I headed to Toy's "R" us to get a digital camera & had it in my hand but the line to check out was over 1 hour of a wait so I put it back. Went to Target to get some movies that were on sale (Taladagia Nights, Night at the Museum & The wonder Pet's save the Reindeer {for KK} ) also got KK a Baby Born doll for $30.00 that is reg. $50.00 @ Wal-Mart. & some Littlest Pet shop play sets that they also had on sale. Off to the Mall to Old Navy & Bath & Body Works (they had the Wall Flowers for $5.00!) plus I had a few coupons for free items & a coupon for $10.00 off my purchase I needed to use. Bought LOTS in there for really cheap prices! (I LOVE that store!) oh, yeah while I was @ the mall I ate breakfast @ the Chinese restaurant. (I know that sounds weird but I was hungry & I Love Chinese food & had never eaten there before) Back to Toy's "R"us... missed out on the camera but picked up KK another Littlest Pet Shop set & a Bratz baby angel doll. Last stop Staples....cannot tell what I bought because again, it was for Ashtyn. Since I had not gone to bed the night before I was exhausted & headed home to pick up the girls & went to bed for a 6 hour nap! Now I have all of the Girls Christmas shopping DONE! Yippee! Now for everyone else on my list.....the hard people to get for. I hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving, we did but I did not take 1 single pic. :( but I did remember to on my shopping trip Black Friday & plan to make a L/O on that soon. Well better get going to check on Ashtyn , she is sick today & has been in bed . I did manage to get KK in bed early tonight so I need to get some stuff done while it is nice & quiet (a rarity at my house!) Hope everyone has a great week! Goodnight!

3 comments:

Cynde said...

wow! you have a fun time friday! i did not go, i wish i could of. but i think i am DONE! i do need to get one more thing for amanda and neil. no biggie. yippee. i do miss shopping for little ones thou. i love toy shopping! hope Ashtyn is feeling better. i know the pain. lol

Penne said...

Hey! Glad you had such a great time on Friday. Tell Ash I said hi and to feel better soon! I am looking forward to the crop this coming Friday!

*Scrapper-Gone-Wild* said...

hey girls! I did have fun!!! Counted it up & I saved around $500.00! (mostly because of the 1 presents for Ashtyn that took up over half of what I saved)Ashtyn is still sick today & has a sore throat. She had an ortho appt this morning @ Cape but I did not take her. So she stayed home from school today & will not go to volleyball practice this afternoon. Guess I need to see what crop you are talking about this Friday. Not sure I can go though because Tom cannot watch KK & not sure my mom can either. Talk 2 you both real soon! Angelia