DIARY OF A MAD SCRAPPER!

Just some of my crazy thoughts on the wonderful world of scrappin!

Monday, March 24, 2008

HAPPY EASTER


Dear Diary....Hello! I hope that everyone had a good Easter! Ours was good! Although Ashtyn does not still believe in the "Easter Bunny" , she does still believe in getting a basket every year ;) I loaded KK up with small toys & coloring books instead of alot of candy...because frankly she is hiper enough without all of the added sugar & she thinks that you should sit & eat ALL of the candy at 1 time & that leads to a 2-3 day sugar high :) not good! OK, my mom convinced me to do the traditional "Egg Dying" thing with the girls this year since she was with Grandpa @ the hospital (they usually do it @ her house with her the night before Easter). I usually opt for the plastic eggs since they are already colored & I can fill them with goodies. {Hey..let's just face it, maybe I am just too lazy :)...& I do not like the mess & this year I could buy 1 doz. plastic ones for .33 compared to almost $2.00 for a doz. real ones???!!!) anyway, I humored all of them & it was not so bad after all. Maybe that will be a new tradition for us on Easter. {I still used a few plastic ones though :) but only a few & I used my food coloring instead of those pesky little tablets that come in the kits. & surprisingly it was not messy at all.} we took grandma her basket & then took grandpa his at the hospital. I am happy to report that he is doing very well & will get to leave the hospital today . He will not be going directly home though. They will transport him to the nursing home here in town to help him recover & then he will get to come back home.He knows that it is not a permanent thing & is fine with that. So, it's a good thing since he will get better faster (think I have watched too much Martha S. :) that's KK's favorite saying now too...everything is "a good thing") Well I guess I had better get going. I just wanted to make a quick post to wish everyone a Happy Easter! Have a Great week & Keep Scrappin!

1 comment:

Cynde said...

I'm glad your grandpa is doing good. poor guy to be in pain like that! but he is fixed now. and it was fun having lunch at o'charley's, um olive garden. lol next time i will read my emails better!!! can't wait til ckc! i going bonkers too!!!! lol

tell KK and Ashtyn hi!

cynde