DIARY OF A MAD SCRAPPER!

Just some of my crazy thoughts on the wonderful world of scrappin!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

1ST PLACE Greenville, Il. Panther Classic! YIPPEE!



Dear Diary, That's right!!! They got 1st place in Greenville Il. last w-end!! YIPPEE! Undefeated all day! They were so proud, as were all of the parents. They ALL played very good ball that day. In one of our earlier games Ashtyn served 16 serves in a row!!! That was one of her goals is to serve a whole game & she almost made it {we were going to 19 pts. each game} but they picked up the last 1 and hit it back over. But oh, well still really cool! Kinda boring game though.....the ending score was 19 to 2 . I don't think it hurt that the college colors where we played were orange & black :) the girls felt right at home :) Let me just say again how proud I am of all of the girls, they did a great job & it was definatly worth the trip. With all of the ice we were afraid we would not get to go since we were heading up Friday night & spending the night.{ Now I am really excited about the next tourn. in Perryville on March 9.}Which brings me to another topic.....that darn ice storm! I do hope that everyone made it through ok. We lost power around 10:00pm on Monday & FINALLY got it back sometime around 11:30 Friday! What a trip! We stayed home the 1st night since it was after 10:00pm but then went to my parents house who also had no power but they do have a small generator. Enough to run the heat & some water. We also went & got my grandparents & they stayed there as well. So it was a full house. Tom, the girls & I stayed upstairs in my old room. The girls were bored out of their minds. Ashtyn said everything she uses has a cord or charger for it :) ahhhh, technology! I played ALOT of games on my phone {my personal fav. is Frogger! maybe that's because I can actually get through the 1st level of that one :)} did not get to scrapbook any because I did not want to drag all of my stuff over to moms because I knew if I did I would still forget something I wanted to use anyway! & personally I hate walking on ice & that's what the whole yard was....slick ,wet ice. So I slept alot! Well it looks like everything is cleared up for another ice storm to move in . They are saying tonight around midnight but I hope that they are wrong on this one! Well better get going ...need to get some work done like dishes & laundry in case we loose water again :( & Ashtyn has gymnastics tonight so I need to hurry! Hopefully I will get to leave early & stop by the store before her class starts! If the ice does come PLEASE be careful out there & stay warm!!!! BYE!

2 comments:

Penne said...

Congrats Ashtyn on such an awesome game and tournament! I hope to see you play someday. :)

*Scrapper-Gone-Wild* said...

Hey Penne! I am so glad to hear from you! She will play in Perryville again on March 9. That will be her last USAV tourn this year. Reg. season starts really soon. TTYL! Stay warm! Angelia